Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
WHEREAS, the Board of Directors of the Pennsylvania State Animal Response Team (PASART) believes that the employment practices of PASART should be nondiscriminatory in intent and promote public confidence in the fairness and integrity of PASART; and
WHEREAS, there is a constitutional and legislative mandate to take affirmative steps to remedy employment discrimination and promote equal employment opportunity; and
WHEREAS, PASART is firmly committed to strengthening and developing equal employment opportunity;
NOW, THEREFORE, the Board of Directors of PASART, by virtue of its authority, does hereby issue the following policy:
1. Prohibition of discrimination and affirmation of equal employment opportunity.
• PASART, as an employer, shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, or disability.
• Positive steps shall be taken by PASART to ensure fair and equal employment opportunity.
• Sexual harassment or harassment based on any of the factors listed in paragraph 1.a. of this policy is prohibited.
2. Responsibility for implementing equal employment opportunity.
• The Chairperson of the Board of Directors and the Executive Director shall ensure that the policy of the Board is implemented through the development and implementation of such procedures as may be necessary. They shall:
(1) Develop and promote steps designed to ensure a diverse workforce, equal employment opportunity and fair treatment of the protected classes listed in paragraph 1.a. of this policy in the organization.
(2) Develop additional equal employment opportunity policies, procedures, as may be needed.
(3) Develop complaint investigation and resolution procedures for implementation.
(4) Ensure that PASART’s commitment to equal employment opportunity is clearly transmitted to all employees and volunteers.